Friday, July 22, 2016

Things with Wings

Simon Says: Things With Wings
Wednesday Blog Challenge (July 20, 2016)

The card base was created using Neenah Solar White 110# cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" to make an A2 size landscape card. The Apple Green layer is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" with the edges sponged with twisted citron Distress Ink.  The kraft layer is die cut with the largest Wonky stitched rectangle.  I used the twisted citron with the stencil.  The white square is 3 1/4" die cut using the stitched square die and embossed.  I then inked the raised embossing images with the twisted citron as well as around the edges.  

The dragonflies were stamped with the rock and roll method (which I need more practice at!).  I added detail using Copic markers.  I also added clear Wink of Stella and fussy cut them out.  I later added glossy accents to them as well.  The sentiment was stamped on the Apple Green cardstock with the Lagoon ink and VersaMark then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I trimmed it out and flagged the end and inked the edges with twisted citron.  

To put it all together I adhered the green and kraft layers down flat then used foam tape on the white embossed square, sentiment flag and dragonflies.  And finished up with some dots of liquid pearls.

***I used a Recollections stencil and stamp set to create this card, but I was not happy with the quality of the stencils or stamps so I have linked below similar items.






No comments:

Post a Comment